This month's list focuses on my best posts and recommended resources for white papers.
If you are a white paper writer or you manage white paper writing projects, you'll want to read these posts:
- Is your topic worthy of a white paper? Guidance for choosing which topics are really worth the expense and effort of a white paper.
- Top 10 ways to be a good SME. Tips to pass along to your engineers and product managers for providing helpful input for a white paper project.
- Set the purchasing agenda with white papers. Techniques for structuring white paper content to frame a buyer's evaluation factors in your favor.
I consider these two books to be essential if you want to learn or improve your white paper writing skills:
Writing White Papers by Michael Stelzner. A complete and in-depth guide to writing white papers.
Crafting White Paper 2.0 by Jonathan Kantor. This book presents a good overview of writing and design techniques to use in white papers and other promotional documents to attract and engage readers.
Read more best tips:
- Best blog posts about case studies
- Best blog posts about content marketing (coming in December 2012)